Dessert Club is one of Woodstock Inn’s flagship events, it takes place quarterly and the concept is to try a selection of desserts and vote for a favorite, (oh, while having FUN!). Each dinner has a theme taken from a European country…just like our guest rooms. Dessert club is an excellent way to have the opportunity to try different dishes you wouldn’t normally choose.
It’s conception came from the owner, Kim Morgan’s travels while in Europe. She visited the original Pudding Club in England and was so taken that she wanted to create something similar for Woodstock Inn.
- Arrive at 6:00pm and enjoy a glass of something sparkling while listening to our host welcome and inform you of the history of Woodstock Inn, the McKim mansion, the etiquette for the evening, and menu. On some occasions we also have live music!
- At 6:30pm you will be seated and served a light main course of possibly pasta or meat, and a seasonal vegetable.
Of course the evening is ALL ABOUT THE DESSERTS! The Parade of Desserts begins with a server bringing out one dessert at a time accompanied by a description. Applause is welcome and encouraged.
- The final dessert is our signature dessert so everyone stands, claps, and cheers. Spoon drumming is also encouraged! It’s FUN, it’s LOUD, it’s YUMMY.
- Guests sample one dessert at a time and place their numbered rankings on a score card for each dessert.
- While enjoying a delicious cup of coffee or tea, we will tally up the scores and see which dessert is the WINNER for the month!
Your tummy is so FULL you might need to spend the night!
Inquire with the InnKeeper about our ‘Dessert Club’ Themed Package which consists of:
- 1 night stay in queen size or non-spa room*
- Dessert Club dinner
- themed breakfast.
*Upgrade to a spa room for an additional fee
Italian Dessert Club
Saturday, November 16th at 6:00pm
Antipasti e Bevande
(Appetizers and Drinks)
Tagliere di salumi con morsi salati
(Charcuterie Board with Savory Bites)
Zuppa di verdure autunnale arrostitia
(Roasted Autumn Vegetable Soup)
Pappardelle di maiale affumicate
(Smokey Pork Pappardelle)
Orzo con verdure autunnale
(Orzo with Autumn Harvest Vegetables)
Conchiglie di pasta ripiene di cremate di caprese
(Creamy Caprese Stuffed Shells)
Scampi di gamberetti piccanti
(Spicy Shrimp Scampi)
Broccolini arrostiti con parmigiano
(Roasted Broccolini with Parmesan)
Cupcakes al limoncello e Cagliata al limone
(Lemon Curd filled Lemoncello Cupcakes)
Torta Siciliana al pistacchio e nutello
(Sicilian Pistachio and Nutella Cake)
Morsi di fantasia (Fancy Bites)